Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts from Mom...

So. I don't know where to start. I'm kind of overwhelmed. I am still in doubt. The pregnancy test is sitting on my counter where I can glance at it whenever I feel the need to be reassured that this is truly happening. I'm so excited....a little nervous....and still in shock. It's kind of funny. We've been asking for this, and here it is. Did we REALLY think God would deliver - and so quickly?! Why wouldn't he?? I don't know if we DOUBTED it, but I don't think we truly BELIEVED it, either. It's strange. My husband, the father of this child growing inside me, doesn't even know, yet, that he's a daddy. I can't wait to tell him. Tomorrow. He'll be home tomorrow and his life will change forever. All I can do right now is pray. Pray that the tiny life inside me will grow into a healthy baby, and make a safe entrance into the world.
I don't FEEL pregnant. So far, I don't even think I've really even experienced any so-called "pregnancy symptoms." I've been doing a LOT of reading - and they say that it's normal to not know, so that comforts me.
I'm going to be a mom!!! Luke is going to be a dad!!! I can't wait to tell someone, but I want to go to the doctor first - just to be sure everything is on track. I think I'll try to make an appointment for this month on Monday.

No comments: