At the beginning of June, Rayne was two months old. It's been so much fun to watch her personality emerge. She has THE SWEETEST disposition. Not much bothers this precious little one. She smiles a LOT, and cries very little.
We started the month with a routine visit to the pediatrician. She weighed 10 lbs. 8 oz. and was 22 and 3/4 inches long. She has made great progress in her growth, reaching the 50th percentile in both her weight and her height. She also had her first round of immunizations this month. They didn't bother her too much. She slept a little bit more than usual, and asked for some "attention from a distance" but other than that, she did just fine.
June kept us very busy - the month flew by. It was Luke's last opportunity to take "parental leave" from work, so he took advantage of that as much as possible. We enjoyed spending a lot of time together as a family.
Rayne and I went to two baby showers this month - and she was an angel at both of them! We are looking forward to meeting her little playmates within the next month or so!!
One Sunday afternoon, the three of us headed up to Mt. Lemmon to get some fresh summer air. It was SO enjoyable to get "away" and be together!
We celebrated Father's Day - a VERY special day for Daddy and Rayne. It's so awesome to see Luke as a father. He makes a great dad!! We celebrated with Luke's family a little bit early. I forgot my camera that day, but Luke's mom got some great pictures. When I get copies of them, I'll be sure to post them!
On Father's Day, Rayne and I treated Luke to a special dinner at Flemming's Steakhouse. Afterward, we enjoyed spending the day loving on dad. . .
The following week, Rayne took her first plane ride!
We took a trip to visit Grandpa and Grandma Congdon. It was so much fun to spend a few days with them. We don't get to see them very often, so it's always extra special when we have some time to be together.
Rayne also met her great-grandma Congdon (who will be 100 years old in October). That was VERY special. Photos and video captured the memory to share with her when she is older.
A few other milestones have included:
Sleeping a full night (from 9:30pm until 7am). I still have to wake her up in the morning to feed her
Discovering that she has two hands and feet. It's fun to watch her discover more things every day
"Talking" a lot more. She has a lot to say. She also LOVES to sing. I'll sing a song and she makes noises as if she's "singing" along. It's just too cute!
Her first REAL giggle came while we were visiting Grandpa and Grandma Congdon
I can't believe she's been with us for three months now!
No comments:
Post a Comment