Monday, May 18, 2009

Seven Weeks Already?!

What a great treasure I have in Rayne. She is SO good for me. I know God is helping her to be extra easy on me while Luke is away so much. She just goes with the flow. Whether we stay home and hang out on the couch together or whether I have to take her several places in one day, she is always so good. I am truly blessed.
She has begun sleeping 8 hours at night. She goes to bed right after I feed her at 9pm and sleeps until 5am or so. I'm so happy with that schedule. I don't mind getting up at 5am - and I usually just put her back to bed and begin my day with some quiet time. Even if she doesn't go right back to sleep, she is great about resting in her crib.
Speaking of cribs...she made the transition to her crib from her pack-n-play quite easily. I was very happy. One night when Luke was home, we decided to go cold turkey. We decided to put her in her crib, and if she cried we would just comfort her in her crib, but not give in to taking her out. We only had to go in her room twice before she was fast asleep. I avoided putting her in her pack-n-play for the next few days, just to be on the safe side. She has gone to sleep in her crib with no issue ever since.
To supplement the missed nighttime meal, she is starting to eat more during the day. I can't believe how big she is getting already. . .seven weeks tomorrow. Time is FLYING by - and I'm sure it will only go faster the bigger she gets.
Just this past week, Rayne has figured out the concept of holding something in her hand. While she still isn't very proactive about grabbing for things, she will definitely hold on tight if something is placed in her little hand.
She has also settled on a favorite blanket. She has a small blanket with silk on one side and leopard print fleece material on the other. She holds onto that like nobody's business. It's really cute to watch her comfort herself with it.
My biggest joy to date, however, is the big smile I see on her face when our eyes meet. She definitely knows who mommy and daddy are, and she lets us know it. We'll be hanging out and she'll be looking at everything around us. Then, for just a brief moment, she'll look into my eyes, the whole world will stop, and she will grin from ear to ear.

No comments: