skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Getting Ready for Baby!
Having so many days at home by myself is getting me very antsy to finish the nursery - and then have a baby to rock to sleep in there!!! Yesterday, I started out by clearing out the large closet in the nursery. Up until yesterday, it had been crafting storage. Overwhelmed at first, I have put off this chore for quite a while. Yesterday, though, I found a new home for almost all of my things (and even in a more convenient place!!). Now, I have to find a new home for the storage boxes that have been hiding under the guest bed. Fortunately, there are only two or three, so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge. Another ongoing project in our house has been my hubby's new office space. With him working so much, I thought it important for him to have a spot all his own. Of course, he'll have to share the spot for a few weeks right after the baby is born, but I don't think he'll be wanting to spend tons of time holed up in there anyway :)
I have picked out this nursery theme:

It's going to go so well with the rest of our home - and I'm very excited about it! We are fortunate to already have all the needed furniture - except for a crib and a rocking chair, and I'm hoping to purchase those soon. My dad is making our existing dresser into a changing table, so that will be nice, too.
In addition to getting the nursery ready, I am contemplating making and freezing some food that we can use for dinner shortly after Rayne is born. My mom will be staying with us for quite a few weeks, and I think it would be nice to have some basics made and frozen in advance so no one has to spend large amounts of time cooking. We'll see if I actually get that done.
I'm also working on a "secret" project that can't be shared on here right now. . .but it's going to be good :) I'm very excited about it!
I can't believe I'm coming down home stretch! Only about 10 weeks left and she'll be here!
1 comment:
That's the same bedding that my brother, Dave, and his wife, Lindsey Buck, have picked out for their little girl that will be arriving sometime in early April. Brandon and I registered for the butterfly organic pattern for our Kyleigh...it's the first time that I get sex specific bedding. And since we don't have to really buy anything els for the THIRD girl to come to our family, this is our only expense!
Glad you're getting lots done at home! I'll sympathize with you about not having a hubby home much...it sure makes the heart grow fonder, doesn't it?!
Post a Comment