Tuesday, October 28, 2008

17 Week Update

Everything is moving along fine. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the little one was just moving around like crazy. The heartbeat was measured at approx. 156bpm, so I was happy :) Every few seconds or so, the machine would pick up a noise that sounded like the baby was punching my stomach. Both the nurse and I were laughing. It was cute.
A week from yesterday we'll find out (hopefully) if it's a boy or a girl. I'm excited about that.
Other than that, it's been pretty quiet on the baby front. I have been able to stay home a LOT, which is good. I've been feeling well - except for one day when I was super-dizzy all afternoon. We don't really know what that was all about, but the doctor told me not to worry.
My belly is just BARELY starting to show. Some people who don't see me frequently have commented that my belly definitely looks like it's growing - albeit slowly. Hopefully in the next week or so my belly will pop out and I'll finally get that "pregnancy glow" :)
I will post pictures next week after the ultrasound!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the cute pregnant belly :) To encourage you, it took me 27 weeks to really show....when I got my first "are you pregnant" comment. Geesh. Some are just slower than others, I guess. For the record I am guessing boy :)

*Michele said...

Hi Cindy! Congratulations to you both!!! How excitiing:) I relate to the clothing dilemma. I loved the "Bella Band" to hold things up, pregnancy clothing or not. Enjoy this wonderful time!!!! Can't wait to hear what you are having!!!