Friday, September 12, 2008

Our Trip to Louisville

One more part of the family to tell. . .my sister, brother-in-law, and niece, Katie. I thought and thought of a creative way to share the news. Here's what I came up with. . .The main reason for our trip to Louisville is birthdays. My brother-in-law and niece are both celebrating birthdays while we are here. Since it's Katie's 1st birthday, I thought that writing a poem in her birthday card would be clever. Tim and Bonnie would most likely read it out loud and the surprise would be revealed in perfect timing. . .

The Poem:
We're here to celebrate - you're turning One!
With presents and cake - it's sure to be fun!
There's lots of surprises - some big and some small,
But we're sure that the biggest surprise of them all
Is a present you'll get in the Spring of next year -
'Cuz that's when your cousin will finally be here!


Finally, the whole family knows. Now just a few more weeks til we can tell EVERYONE. . .if Candy can only wait that long :)

No comments: